Here are 7 easy and effective tips to keep your child safe.
1. Never leave children alone; not at home, in a vehicle, in the yard or anywhere.
2. Define what a STRANGER is. Let the child know just because they have seen someone before (i.e. mailman, paperboy, neighbor, waiter or waitress, etc.) it does not mean these people are not strangers. They are still people they don't know.
3. Teach your child their full name, your name, address and phone number, including area codes. Teach them how to use a phone and cell phone.
4. Teach your child the "What IF...?" Making up different dangerous situations they might encounter and helping them role play what they would do in that situation.
5. Take the time to talk with your children and be alert to any noticeable change in their behavior or attitude toward an adult or teenager; it might be a sign of bullying, sexual abuse or harassment.
6.... Read more